Terms & Privacy
Last Modified, June 1st, 2008
TraveloBlog.com is a social networking service that allows people to present, share, comment and critique on internet advertising they receive. By submitting a deal you found and getting the highest number of votes you can also win cash any given month. Current cash prize is $100.00. The services offered by TraveloBlog.com (“TraveloBlog.com” or “we”) include the TraveloBlog.com website (the “TraveloBlog Website”) and any other features, content, or applications offered from time to time by TraveloBlog.com in connection with the TraveloBlog Website (collectively, the “TraveloBlog Services”). The TraveloBlog Services are hosted in the U.S.
TraveloBlog.com may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by TraveloBlog.com on the TraveloBlog Website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the TraveloBlog Services after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
Please choose carefully the information you post on TraveloBlog.com and that you provide to other Users. Your TraveloBlog.com profile may not include the following items: telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, and any photographs containing nudity, or obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter. Despite this prohibition, information provided by other TraveloBlog.com Members (for instance, in their Profile) may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or sexually explicit material, products or services, and TraveloBlog.com assumes no responsibility or liability for this material. If you become aware of misuse of the TraveloBlog Services by any person, please contact TraveloBlog.
In order to comply with FTC regulations regarding blogging and endorsements, all members agree that they may have material interests or in any other way can benefit from information being submitted via this website. TraveloBlog explicitly disclaims that any current or future member may have a connection to an advertiser, and could act as an advertiser, its affiliate, receive compensation or has interest in expressing opinions about the materials posted. Members are invited to review FTC guidelines regarding blogging and indorcements available here.
TraveloBlog.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the TraveloBlog Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability. TraveloBlog expressly reserves the right to remove your profile and/or restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to any part of TraveloBlog Services if TraveloBlog determines, in its sole discretion, that you pose a threat to TraveloBlog and/or its Users.
1. Eligibility. Use of and Membership in the TraveloBlog Services is void where prohibited. By using the TraveloBlog Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 18 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the TraveloBlog Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe that you are under 18 years of age.
2. Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the TraveloBlog Services or are a Member. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Member’s Account Settings page. TraveloBlog.com may terminate your Membership at any time, without warning. Even after Membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect, including sections 5-17.
3. Proprietary Rights in Content on TraveloBlog.com.
1. TraveloBlog.com does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) that you post to the TraveloBlog Services. After posting your Content to the TraveloBlog Services, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content, and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose. By displaying or publishing (“posting”) any Content on or through the TraveloBlog Services, you hereby grant to TraveloBlog.com a limited license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on and through the TraveloBlog Services.
Without this license, TraveloBlog.com would be unable to provide the TraveloBlog Services. The license you grant to TraveloBlog.com is non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your Content to anyone else in addition to TraveloBlog.com), fully-paid and royalty-free (meaning that TraveloBlog.com is not required to pay you for the use on the TraveloBlog Services of the Content that you post), sublicensable (so that TraveloBlog.com is able to use its affiliates and subcontractors such as Internet content delivery networks to provide the TraveloBlog Services), and worldwide (because the Internet and the TraveloBlog Services are global in reach). This license will terminate at the time you remove your Content from the TraveloBlog Services. The license does not grant TraveloBlog.com the right to sell your Content, nor does the license grant TraveloBlog.com the right to distribute your Content outside of the TraveloBlog Services.
2. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the TraveloBlog Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through the TraveloBlog Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through the TraveloBlog Services.
3. The TraveloBlog Services contain Content of TraveloBlog.com (“TraveloBlog.com Content”). TraveloBlog.com Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and TraveloBlog.com owns and retains all rights in the TraveloBlog.com Content and the TraveloBlog Services. TraveloBlog.com hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the TraveloBlog.com Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the TraveloBlog Website and using the TraveloBlog Services.
4. The TraveloBlog Services contain Content of Users and other TraveloBlog.com licensors. Except for Content posted by you, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the TraveloBlog Services.
5. Content Posted.
1. TraveloBlog.com may delete any Content that in the sole judgment of TraveloBlog.com violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. TraveloBlog.com assumes no responsibility for monitoring the TraveloBlog Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time TraveloBlog.com chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the TraveloBlog Services, TraveloBlog.com nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
2. You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through any of the TraveloBlog Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other Users. TraveloBlog.com does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by TraveloBlog.com prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of TraveloBlog.com. TraveloBlog.com makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
6. Content/Activity Prohibited. The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the TraveloBlog Services. TraveloBlog.com reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in TraveloBlog.com’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the TraveloBlog Services and terminating the Membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of TraveloBlog.com:
1. is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
2. harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
3. exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
4. contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
5. solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
6. provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses;
7. promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
8. promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
9. involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, “spimming,” or “spamming”;
10. contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
11. furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
12. solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
13. involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
14. includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person’s consent; or
15. for band and filmmaker profiles, uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading or deceptive Content intended to draw traffic to the profile.
The following is a partial list of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the TraveloBlog Website and through your use of the TraveloBlog Services. TraveloBlog.com reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in TraveloBlog.com’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
16. criminal or tortious activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
17. advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the TraveloBlog Services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the TraveloBlog Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, TraveloBlog.com reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which TraveloBlog.com deems appropriate in its sole discretion. If you breach this Agreement and send unsolicited bulk email, instant messages or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the TraveloBlog Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to TraveloBlog.com, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay TraveloBlog.com $50 for each such unsolicited email or other unsolicited communication you send through the TraveloBlog Services;
18. covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any TraveloBlog.com page via HTML/CSS or any other means;
19. any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages;
20. interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the TraveloBlog Services or the networks or services connected to the TraveloBlog Services;
21. attempting to impersonate another Member or person;
22. for band profiles, copying the code for your TraveloBlog Player and embedding it into other profiles or asking other Members to embed it into their profiles;
23. using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
24. selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
25. using any information obtained from the TraveloBlog Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
26. displaying an advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through the TraveloBlog Services on behalf of that person, such as placing commercial content on your profile, posting blogs or bulletins with a commercial purpose, selecting a profile with a commercial purpose as one of your “Top 8″ friends, or sending private messages with a commercial purpose; or
27. using the TraveloBlog Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
7. Copyright Policy. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of TraveloBlog.com to terminate Membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to TraveloBlog.com by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the TraveloBlog Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the TraveloBlog Services; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. TraveloBlog.com’s Copyright Agent can be reached by email – copyright@TraveloBlog.com.
8. Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other TraveloBlog.com Members. TraveloBlog.com reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
10. Disclaimers. TraveloBlog.com is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the TraveloBlog Website or in connection with the TraveloBlog Services, whether caused by Users of the TraveloBlog Services or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the TraveloBlog Services. Profiles created and posted by Members on the TraveloBlog Website may contain links to other websites. TraveloBlog.com is not responsible for the Content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by TraveloBlog.com. Inclusion of any linked website on the TraveloBlog Services does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by TraveloBlog.com. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. TraveloBlog.com takes no responsibility for third party advertisements which are posted on this TraveloBlog Website or through the TraveloBlog Services, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers. TraveloBlog.com is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the TraveloBlog Services. TraveloBlog.com assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any User or Member communication. TraveloBlog.com is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the TraveloBlog Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the TraveloBlog Services. Under no circumstances shall TraveloBlog.com be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the TraveloBlog Services, attendance at a TraveloBlog.com event, from any Content posted on or through the TraveloBlog Services, or from the conduct of any Users of the TraveloBlog Services, whether online or offline. The TraveloBlog Services are provided “AS-IS” and as available and TraveloBlog.com expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. TraveloBlog.com cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the TraveloBlog Services.
11. Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL TraveloBlog.COM BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF TraveloBlog.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, TraveloBlog.COM’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO TraveloBlog.COM FOR THE TraveloBlog SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
12. Disputes. If there is any dispute about or involving the TraveloBlog Services, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, USA, without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of the United States located in the State of New York, City of New York City. Either TraveloBlog.com or you may demand that any dispute between TraveloBlog.com and you about or involving the TraveloBlog Services must be settled by arbitration utilizing the dispute resolution procedures of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) in New York City, New York, USA, provided that the foregoing shall not prevent TraveloBlog.com from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction.
13. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold TraveloBlog.com, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the TraveloBlog Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any Content that you post on the TraveloBlog Website or through the TraveloBlog Services causes TraveloBlog.com to be liable to another.
14. Other. This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the TraveloBlog Website or any of the TraveloBlog Services and is further affirmed by you becoming a Member. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and TraveloBlog.com regarding the use of the TraveloBlog Services. The failure of TraveloBlog.com to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. TraveloBlog.com is a trademark of TraveloBlog, Inc. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Please contact us at: contact@TraveloBlog.com with any questions regarding this Agreement.
Information Collection and Use by TraveloBlog.com
TraveloBlog.com collects user submitted information such as name, email address, and age to authenticate users and to send notifications to those users relating to the TraveloBlog.com service. TraveloBlog.com also collects other profile data including but not limited to: personal interests, gender, age, education and occupation in order to assist users in finding and communicating with each other.
TraveloBlog.com also logs non-personally-identifiable information including IP address, profile information, aggregate user data, and browser type, from users and visitors to the site This data is used to manage the website, track usage and improve the website services. This non-personally-identifiable information may be shared with third-parties to provide more relevant services and advertisements to members. User IP addresses are recorded for security and monitoring purposes
We may also use a user’s email address to send updates, a newsletter or news regarding the service. Users may choose not to receive email of this type by using submitting their email address via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email or by sending the unsubscribe request to unsubscribe@TraveloBlog.com
From time to time, TraveloBlog.com or a partner, may sponsor a promotion, sweepstake or contest on TraveloBlog.com. Users may be asked to provide personal information including name, email address or home address or to answer questions in order to participate. We may transfer personal information to certain ad partners that you have explicitly requested to receive information from. It will be clear at the point of collection who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply.
Invitations and Other Communications to Non-members
TraveloBlog members can invite friends to join the service by sending invitation emails via our automated invitation system. TraveloBlog.com stores the email addresses that members provide so that the respondents may be added to the friend’s list of the member sending the invitations, and also to send reminders of the invitations. Recipients of invitations from TraveloBlog.com may contact TraveloBlog.com to request the removal of their information from our database.
TraveloBlog members may also store email addresses of people they know in their internal TraveloBlog address book and may also choose to send invitations and other communications to those addresses.
You may prevent TraveloBlog.com email invitations and other messages from being sent to any email address you control by sending a single email with the subject “BLOCK” to privacy@TraveloBlog.com Please note that the email must come from the account you wish to block.
Chat Rooms, Journals and WebLogs, Message Boards, Classifieds and Public Forums
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily post public information to Journals, WebLogs, Message Boards, Classifieds or any other Public Forums that that information can be accessed by the public and can in turn be used by those people to send you unsolicited communications.
Correcting/Updating or Removing Information
TraveloBlog.com users may modify or remove any of their personal information at any time by logging into their account and accessing features such as Edit Profile and Account Info.
Members who no longer wish to receive updates or notifications may choose not to by emailing Privacy@TraveloBlog.com with ‘Do not email me’ in the subject line. All notification emails and TraveloBlog.com newsletters also include the above instructions for opting-out of those communications in the future.
Third Party Advertising
TraveloBlog.com member accounts are secured by member-created passwords TraveloBlog.com takes precautions to insure that member account information is kept private. We use reasonable measures to protect member information that is stored within our database, and we restrict access to member information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions, such as our customer service personnel and technical staff. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of member account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of member information at any time For any additional information about the security measures we use on TraveloBlog.com, please contact us a privacy@TraveloBlog.com
Sharing and Disclosure of Information TraveloBlog.com Collects
TraveloBlog.com uses technology, including technology from its third party advertising technology vendors, which includes cookies and web beacons (1×1 pixels), to deliver better, targeted marketing messages to the web surfer. These tools are used to collect non-personally identifiable data to provide better and more relevant services and messages to that user. We believe that the use of such tools assists in providing a more meaningful web-surfing experience, but you may opt-out of the use of TraveloBlog.com cookies and those of our third party advertising technology vendors if you would like. To do so, you can disable cookies on your browser. Alternatively, you can opt-out of TraveloBlog.com’s cookies by going to the opt-out section at this site, and you may opt-out of our third party advertising technology vendors’ cookies by going to the “Third Party Advertising Technology Vendors” Section, above, and linking on a specific vendor’s name. (For more information on cookies and web beacons, please refer to the FAQ section).
Personally Identifiable Consumer Data – Opt-Out
If a consumer elects to provide TraveloBlog.com with personally identifiable data, he or she has the right to tell us not to make some of the uses of such data described herein or may have such data deleted in its entirety at any time. Simply contact us and provide the name of the service for which you provided information and let us know what level of opt-out you would like to exercise. These include: (1) Do not share information about me with business partners, (2) Do not solicit me with special offers other than those related to the service I signed up for, or (3) Remove my data from your database for such service completely. Once we receive this instruction, we will promptly take corrective action. Please note that we will need you to provide your email address or other previously provided personal identifier in order to identify you in the Data Opt-Out process. Also, please remember that if you choose to delete your information completely you will no longer receive the TraveloBlog.com service in question.
Access to Data
TraveloBlog.com allows consumers who have voluntarily provided personally identifiable data access to their data to ensure that it is correct and to make any changes. Please contact us.
TraveloBlog.com is very sensitive to the issue of children’s privacy. TraveloBlog.com’s websites, products, and services are neither developed for, nor directed at, children. If you believe your child has provided TraveloBlog.com with personally identifiable data, or registered at one of TraveloBlog.com’s websites, and you would like to have the data removed, please contact us.
A Special Note About the European Union
European Union web surfers understand and consent to the processing of personal information in the United States.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, please contact us at: privacy@TraveloBlog.com